Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Louie, Love, and a Little Faith

““Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

Okay, if any of you who read this (if anyone does), and you've never heard of Mr. Louie Giglio...go off into the dessert for 40 days and then come back. He is a pretty awesome preacher who does the whole Passion tour for college students, and works with Chris Tomlin and previously David Crowder before they decided to stop. Last night I watched one of my favorite sermons by him titled 'How Great is Our God' but better known as 'If the Earth was a Golf Ball' and it was probably the billionth time, but it hit me just as hard as the first time.

I'm not gonna tell you all about the video, because I want you to go out and find it somewhere, but I will tell you that it is about an AWESOME God who breathes stars and creates galaxies without lifting a finger, and yet still is delicate and loving enough to create us with meticulousness and beauty. WE ARE IMPORTANT AND BEAUTIFUL!!!

The video also talks about God's promise in the hard times. No He does not say "Hey, I gotcha bro" and take us to sunny, flower-filled fields, but He does say true to his promise, which is stated in the above verse (but I'll bring it down here just for you)““Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 WE HAVE TO TRUST HIM! We have to give into the fact that we are not in control and that HE IS! That is one of the hardest parts because we want to say that we have it, that we are okay, that we don't need help...but WE DO! And the best thing is that He is ready to grab us and put us on wings of eagles as soon as we let him.

So there you guys go: we learned three things today. 1) Louie Giglio is a must-know from now on 2) God loves us enough to make us more complex and beautiful than the millions of galaxies above us 3) All we need is a little faith in God's plan and we will have a mysterious peace overcome us because His promise never fails.

Peace out homies and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment